Conman held for duping man of Rs 11 lakh in Nagpur
Nagpur: A man was arrested for allegedly posing as an office bearer of a national party in Delhi who duped an aspirant to the tune of Rs 10 lakh while offering him job of a pilot, police said today.
Vinod Laxman Nagrale, 45, a resident of Indora locality in north city area, posed as an office-bearer of All India Congress Committee (AICC) and got in touch with one Anant Dakshindas here.
Nagrale gave Anant his visiting cards and showed letter heads while offering to help his son get an appointment as a pilot with some airline. The conman was in touch with Anant between June 16, 2010 and February 16 this year, they said.
The accused allegedly sent fictitious email communication and issued a fake appointment letter to the complainant and took Rs 10,90,000 from him, police said.
Later, on learning that he had been cheated, Dakshindas lodged a police complaint.
A police team nabbed the cheat from Delhi earlier last week.
He was produced before a local court here yesterday which remanded him in police custody till March 25, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation