Conspiracy case against top civil aviation officer registered
Mumbai: The Anti-Corruption Bureau of the CBI has registered a case of conspiracy against Manoj Malviya, additional commissioner (Security) in Bureau of Civil Aviation
for allegedly misusing his official position.
"Malviya, a 1986 batch IPS officer of the West Bengal
cadre had entered into conspiracy with officials from private
firm GVK, Mumbai International Airport Ltd (MIAL) and Airport
Authority of India (AAI)," CBI DIG (Western Region), Pravin
A case of conspiracy and corruption has been registered
against Malviya and unidentified officials of GVK, MIAL
and AAI, Salunkhe added.
According to the CBI, Malviya had visited Mumbai on
several occasions from May 2009 to February this year and had
stayed at five star hotels, the bills of which were paid by
either GVK, MIAL or AAI.
"In February this year, Malviya had stayed at the Grand
Hyatt hotel where the bill of Rs 24,790 was paid from the
credit card of one Virendra Singh Chandrawat, who is MIAL`s
Head of Security," Slaunkhe said.
CBI is conducting searches at the New Delhi office and
residence of Malviya and also at the offices of MIAL and GVK
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand