Contract killer was arrested for Mumbai corporator`s murder
Mumbai: An alleged contract killer was today
arrested on the charges of murdering a Congress corporator at
the behest of BJP corporator`s brother at Bhayander in
neighbouring Thane district, police said today.
Acting on a tip off, Krishnachandra Pandey alias Ajay
(34) was nabbed last night from Bhayander area in the murder
case and remanded to police custody till June 9, police added.
On May 8 morning, Mira-Bhayader Municipal Corporation
Corporator Praful Patil was allegedly stabbed 27 times and
shot dead at point blank range by Pandey and his aide in the
campus of Abhinav College in Bhayander, run by Patil`s
educational trust, they said.
Pandey shot two bullets from his revolver at Patil while
his aide Rasul Shaikh, who is still absconding, had stabbed
the victim with a sharp knife, Inspector Rajendra Mohite at
Navghar Police Station said.
During preliminary probe, Pandey revealed that Rajesh
Singh, brother of BJP corporator Munna Singh, had given him
contract to murder Patil, he added.
Though the reason for the murder was not yet clear, they
suspect it could a land dispute that could be have led to his
killing, he said.
Patil had a dispute with some people over the
construction of a building inside the premises of Abhinva
college, the officer said adding manhunt for Rajesh Singh, who
has criminal background, was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling