Cop assault case: `Suspended MLAs not seen in CCTV footage`
Mumbai: The five MLAs, suspended for thrashing a traffic police officer inside the Maharashtra Legislature Complex here, are not seen in the CCTV footage of the incident, sources in the Opposition claimed here on Thursday.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, Speaker Dilip Walse-Patil, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Harshvardhan Patil, Leader of the Opposition Eknath Khadse and BJP legislators Devendra Phadanvis and Sudhir Mungantiwar today attended a meeting where the footage was viewed.
According to sources, opposition leaders claimed the CCTV footage did not show that the five MLAs thrashed police sub-inspector Sachin Suryawanshi during the March 19 incident, it only showed a huge crowd and many people who were not MLAs.
However, government sources said CCTV footage was not the only evidence on which suspension was based, the eyewitness accounts were also taken into consideration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir