Cop assault case: `Suspended MLAs not seen in CCTV footage`
Mumbai: The five MLAs, suspended for thrashing a traffic police officer inside the Maharashtra Legislature Complex here, are not seen in the CCTV footage of the incident, sources in the Opposition claimed here on Thursday.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, Speaker Dilip Walse-Patil, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Harshvardhan Patil, Leader of the Opposition Eknath Khadse and BJP legislators Devendra Phadanvis and Sudhir Mungantiwar today attended a meeting where the footage was viewed.
According to sources, opposition leaders claimed the CCTV footage did not show that the five MLAs thrashed police sub-inspector Sachin Suryawanshi during the March 19 incident, it only showed a huge crowd and many people who were not MLAs.
However, government sources said CCTV footage was not the only evidence on which suspension was based, the eyewitness accounts were also taken into consideration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter