Cop assault case: `Suspended MLAs not seen in CCTV footage`
Mumbai: The five MLAs, suspended for thrashing a traffic police officer inside the Maharashtra Legislature Complex here, are not seen in the CCTV footage of the incident, sources in the Opposition claimed here on Thursday.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, Speaker Dilip Walse-Patil, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Harshvardhan Patil, Leader of the Opposition Eknath Khadse and BJP legislators Devendra Phadanvis and Sudhir Mungantiwar today attended a meeting where the footage was viewed.
According to sources, opposition leaders claimed the CCTV footage did not show that the five MLAs thrashed police sub-inspector Sachin Suryawanshi during the March 19 incident, it only showed a huge crowd and many people who were not MLAs.
However, government sources said CCTV footage was not the only evidence on which suspension was based, the eyewitness accounts were also taken into consideration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Casualty rate soars for Afghan security forces: NATO
- Sheena Bora murder case: 20 clips of recorded telephone conversations emerge
- Rio Olympics after-effects: Marathon runner OP Jaisha also tests positive for H1N1; hospitalised
- Hyderabad varsity JAC condemns judicial commission report
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump is taking far-right hate groups `mainstream`