Cop facing rape charges sacked from service
Nagpur: A police constable attached to Police Headquarters here has been dismissed from service for facing rape charges twice within six months, police said on Thursday.
Abhijeet Bansilal Chahande has allegedly sexually attacked a neighbour`s girl on June 14. Since then he was placed under suspension by the authorities and the case was filed in the court, they said.
On Saturday, Chahande again assaulted the victim and clicked her objectionable photographs.
Another case under section 376 (rape) of IPC, among other charges, was registered against him and he was arrested, police said.
Commissioner of Police Ankush Dhanvijay under the provisions of 311 (2) of the Constitution, yesterday dismissed Chahande from service, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites