Cop facing rape charges sacked from service
Nagpur: A police constable attached to Police Headquarters here has been dismissed from service for facing rape charges twice within six months, police said on Thursday.
Abhijeet Bansilal Chahande has allegedly sexually attacked a neighbour`s girl on June 14. Since then he was placed under suspension by the authorities and the case was filed in the court, they said.
On Saturday, Chahande again assaulted the victim and clicked her objectionable photographs.
Another case under section 376 (rape) of IPC, among other charges, was registered against him and he was arrested, police said.
Commissioner of Police Ankush Dhanvijay under the provisions of 311 (2) of the Constitution, yesterday dismissed Chahande from service, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof