Cop held at rave party tests positive for drugs
Mumbai: The police inspector who was arrested
in connection with raid on a rave party in Raigad in June has
tested positive for drug consumption.
The Raigad police had arrested inspector Anil Jadhav of
Mumbai`s Anti Narcotics Cell (ANC) for allegedly providing
drugs to the youths at the party.
"Jadhav has tested positive for drug consumption", Raigad
Superintendent of Police R Shinde said adding that the section
which pertains to consumption of drugs under the NDPS act
would now be applied to him.
Jadhav is presently on bail. He had argued all along that
he was at the spot to bust the party.
Around 290 youngsters, including 59 girls from well-off
families had participated in the party held at Khalapur in
Raigad district on June 27.
Police who conducted the raid had seized ganja, charas
and cocaine besides other articles used for consuming drugs
and Rs 3.08 lakh in cash.
The accused were booked under relevant sections of the
Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'