Cop held at rave party tests positive for drugs
Mumbai: The police inspector who was arrested
in connection with raid on a rave party in Raigad in June has
tested positive for drug consumption.
The Raigad police had arrested inspector Anil Jadhav of
Mumbai`s Anti Narcotics Cell (ANC) for allegedly providing
drugs to the youths at the party.
"Jadhav has tested positive for drug consumption", Raigad
Superintendent of Police R Shinde said adding that the section
which pertains to consumption of drugs under the NDPS act
would now be applied to him.
Jadhav is presently on bail. He had argued all along that
he was at the spot to bust the party.
Around 290 youngsters, including 59 girls from well-off
families had participated in the party held at Khalapur in
Raigad district on June 27.
Police who conducted the raid had seized ganja, charas
and cocaine besides other articles used for consuming drugs
and Rs 3.08 lakh in cash.
The accused were booked under relevant sections of the
Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi