Cop killed in road mishap, another injured
Thane: A policeman was killed and another injured seriously when their motorcycle collided with a car while they were on way to Kalyan township in the wee hours on Sunday.
The duo, posted at police stations in Mumbai, were on their way back home after work when the mishap took place, Nargoli assistant police inspector Vijay M Kare said.
At around 1.30 AM, while the two policemen were passing near the Ovli dhabha between Bhiwandi and Kalyan, a car coming from behind rammed into the bike, as a result of which the duo fell down.
They were rushed to a hospital where constable - Sanjay Baban Munde (40) - was declared dead while the other victim was being treated at a private hospital, Police said.
Narpoli Police have registered an offence under section 304(a) of IPC.
Investigation was on to trace the car which hit the bike, Police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Left Front to hit the streets against post-poll violence
- 45 union ministers to tour UP on Modi government's second anniversary
- Man who tried shaking hands with lion sent to jail in Hyderabad
- Congress planning to digitalise photographs, speeches of Indira Gandhi
- Left, Congress threaten to skip Mamata's swearing-in, BJP to observe black day