Cop killed in road mishap, another injured
Thane: A policeman was killed and another injured seriously when their motorcycle collided with a car while they were on way to Kalyan township in the wee hours on Sunday.
The duo, posted at police stations in Mumbai, were on their way back home after work when the mishap took place, Nargoli assistant police inspector Vijay M Kare said.
At around 1.30 AM, while the two policemen were passing near the Ovli dhabha between Bhiwandi and Kalyan, a car coming from behind rammed into the bike, as a result of which the duo fell down.
They were rushed to a hospital where constable - Sanjay Baban Munde (40) - was declared dead while the other victim was being treated at a private hospital, Police said.
Narpoli Police have registered an offence under section 304(a) of IPC.
Investigation was on to trace the car which hit the bike, Police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information