Cop kins who got security agency license get listed on website
Pune: Relations of some of the serving and
retired police officers here figure in the list of licensed
private security agencies operating in the city, as detailed
in the Pune police official website.
Among the names of serving officers whose kin have been
granted license to run security agency are DCP Anant Rokde and
Additional DGP (prisons) Rajendra Sonavne.
Asked to comment on the media reports, Dnyaneshwar
Phadtare, DCP, Pune said there was "nothing illegal" on part
of relatives of police personnel in obtaining license to run a
private security agency.
"We have put the whole list on our official website and
this itself shows that we have nothing to hide as legalities
in the matter have been completed," he said.
Pune Joint Commissioner of Police Ashok Dhivre said if
terms and conditions are complied with any able bodied person
can undertake to start a private security agency.
"The licensee should be a citizen of India", he said
adding that whether he is a policeman`s kin or not is not
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery