Cop kins who got security agency license get listed on website
Pune: Relations of some of the serving and
retired police officers here figure in the list of licensed
private security agencies operating in the city, as detailed
in the Pune police official website.
Among the names of serving officers whose kin have been
granted license to run security agency are DCP Anant Rokde and
Additional DGP (prisons) Rajendra Sonavne.
Asked to comment on the media reports, Dnyaneshwar
Phadtare, DCP, Pune said there was "nothing illegal" on part
of relatives of police personnel in obtaining license to run a
private security agency.
"We have put the whole list on our official website and
this itself shows that we have nothing to hide as legalities
in the matter have been completed," he said.
Pune Joint Commissioner of Police Ashok Dhivre said if
terms and conditions are complied with any able bodied person
can undertake to start a private security agency.
"The licensee should be a citizen of India", he said
adding that whether he is a policeman`s kin or not is not
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?