Cop kins who got security agency license get listed on website
Pune: Relations of some of the serving and
retired police officers here figure in the list of licensed
private security agencies operating in the city, as detailed
in the Pune police official website.
Among the names of serving officers whose kin have been
granted license to run security agency are DCP Anant Rokde and
Additional DGP (prisons) Rajendra Sonavne.
Asked to comment on the media reports, Dnyaneshwar
Phadtare, DCP, Pune said there was "nothing illegal" on part
of relatives of police personnel in obtaining license to run a
private security agency.
"We have put the whole list on our official website and
this itself shows that we have nothing to hide as legalities
in the matter have been completed," he said.
Pune Joint Commissioner of Police Ashok Dhivre said if
terms and conditions are complied with any able bodied person
can undertake to start a private security agency.
"The licensee should be a citizen of India", he said
adding that whether he is a policeman`s kin or not is not
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Ravi Shastri rates his 18-month stint as Indian team's Director the most memorable
- CBSE class 10 result 2016, CBSE Class X Results 2016, CBSE 10th Board Result 2016 to be declared tomorrow; check www.cbse.nic.in, www.cbseresults.nic.in
- Retirement age for all government doctors will be increased to 65, announces PM Narendra Modi
- Leander Paes-Martina Hingis, Sania Mirza-Ivan Dodig pairs ease into 2016 French Open pre-quarters
- Nifty ends May F&O series above 8,000-mark, up 135 points