Cop succumbs to injuries in city hospital
Mumbai: A city police constable got hit by a speeding vehicle in a road mishap, succumbed to his injuries at a hospital here in Mumbai.
Victim Manohar Ahire (50), died, while undergoing treatment in Nair hospital last night, said Vasant Tajane, senior inspector at Worli police station.
According to police, Ahire, with his son Mayur, was hit by a speeding vehicle from behind on last Friday, while riding
Ahire lost control and rammed into a taxi moving on the road and fell on the ground. While the cop sustained severe injuries, his son escaped with minor wounds, police said.
The accident occurred on the day Ahire, attached with local arms wing of the city police, had been promoted as Assistant Sub Inspector, police said.
The accused escaped with the vehicle, while the taxi driver helped the victims and took the duo to the hospital.
"We are trying to trace the unidentified vehicle and person behind the wheels," Tajane said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics