Cop succumbs to injuries in city hospital
Mumbai: A city police constable got hit by a speeding vehicle in a road mishap, succumbed to his injuries at a hospital here in Mumbai.
Victim Manohar Ahire (50), died, while undergoing treatment in Nair hospital last night, said Vasant Tajane, senior inspector at Worli police station.
According to police, Ahire, with his son Mayur, was hit by a speeding vehicle from behind on last Friday, while riding
Ahire lost control and rammed into a taxi moving on the road and fell on the ground. While the cop sustained severe injuries, his son escaped with minor wounds, police said.
The accident occurred on the day Ahire, attached with local arms wing of the city police, had been promoted as Assistant Sub Inspector, police said.
The accused escaped with the vehicle, while the taxi driver helped the victims and took the duo to the hospital.
"We are trying to trace the unidentified vehicle and person behind the wheels," Tajane said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?