Cop succumbs to injuries in city hospital
Mumbai: A city police constable got hit by a speeding vehicle in a road mishap, succumbed to his injuries at a hospital here in Mumbai.
Victim Manohar Ahire (50), died, while undergoing treatment in Nair hospital last night, said Vasant Tajane, senior inspector at Worli police station.
According to police, Ahire, with his son Mayur, was hit by a speeding vehicle from behind on last Friday, while riding
Ahire lost control and rammed into a taxi moving on the road and fell on the ground. While the cop sustained severe injuries, his son escaped with minor wounds, police said.
The accident occurred on the day Ahire, attached with local arms wing of the city police, had been promoted as Assistant Sub Inspector, police said.
The accused escaped with the vehicle, while the taxi driver helped the victims and took the duo to the hospital.
"We are trying to trace the unidentified vehicle and person behind the wheels," Tajane said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa