Cop trains youths in Naxal hotbed to join police force
Gondia: A police officer, working in the Naxal-hot bed of Gondia district in Maharashtra, has started a novel initiative of encouraging tribal youths to join the police force by imparting free training to them.
Police sub-inspector Ravindra Manjre started a career academy for young aspirants six months back in the rural Dhabepaoni area of the district and two of the students are scheduled to take the examination for recruitment in defence services later this month.
Presently 115 young boys and girls from Rampuri, Dhabepaoni, Yellodi, Jambdi, Ranjitola, Kanholi, Kohalgaon, Zabbarkheda, Tidka and other areas have enrolled with the academy for taking lessons on how to achieve success in life, while a few students now aspire to appear for the Staff Selection examination also.
Manjre was inducted in police services in 2010 and after completing one year training joined Gondia police and was posted at Armed Out Post in the naxal-infested Dhabepaoni under Arjuni Morgaon tehsil.
Concerned with the poor condition of tribal youths living in surrounding villages of Dhabepaoni, Manjre, who himself hails from a poor family of Mada in Sholapur tehsil, decided to "bring positive changes in their life and inspire them to build up a career for themselves," he said.
With this aim, he formed the Deepstambha Career Academy, where young aspirants, tough initially hesitant, have been pouring in to see their dreams come through in reality.
Manjre said the villagers helped him by providing him a farm land and labour to run the training academy.
"As the academy doesn`t charge any fee from the students, police personnel of Dhabepaoni Armed Out Post contribute from their salary towards stationary and other required material for the youths," Manjre said.
According to Manjre, District Superintendent of Police Dr Dilip Zalke and other local administration officials have lent their support in his endeavour.
SP Zalke, while appreciating the efforts of Manjre, said that his department "was providing all support to the police official in his cause."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!