Cops hunt for suspected terrorists in Thane
Thane: Teams of police and commandos launched a massive combing operation in Thane on Monday following reports that a group of around five suspected terrorists was holed up in an area, officials said.
The operation was launched after complaints by some locals who claimed to have seen the five people clad in black clothes in the vicinity of an under construction multi-storeyed housing complex on Ghodbunder Road, near Thane`s border with Mumbai.
In view of recent intelligence alerts of possible terror strikes in Mumbai and other parts of the state, the local police and commandos went around the complex besides checking out restaurants, hotels, lodges, guest houses, clubs and other places where the suspects could be hiding.
The security personnel are also keeping a close watch on vehicles entering the city from other parts of the state and the entire police force is in a state of high alert following the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore