Cops rule out terror angle in bus explosion case in Maharashtra
Latur: Though the cause of Friday`s explosion inside a state transport bus at Nalegav village in Latur district was yet to be ascertained, preliminary investigations have ruled out any terror angle, said Maharashtra ATS.
"The probe conducted so far indicated no terror angle into the incident at Latur," a senior ATS official said here.
At least 19 were injured, four of them seriously, in the explosion inside a bus at Nalegav village at Chakur taluka in Latur district last evening.
Police suspect the explosion might have occurred due to the overheating of engine.
Teams of Maharashtra ATS and forensic experts from Pune rushed to the spot and collected the samples. There are no signs of RDX presence, the officer added.
"Pune Forensic Laboratory will soon give a report explaining the cause of the explosion," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video