Cops rule out terror angle in bus explosion case in Maharashtra
Latur: Though the cause of Friday`s explosion inside a state transport bus at Nalegav village in Latur district was yet to be ascertained, preliminary investigations have ruled out any terror angle, said Maharashtra ATS.
"The probe conducted so far indicated no terror angle into the incident at Latur," a senior ATS official said here.
At least 19 were injured, four of them seriously, in the explosion inside a bus at Nalegav village at Chakur taluka in Latur district last evening.
Police suspect the explosion might have occurred due to the overheating of engine.
Teams of Maharashtra ATS and forensic experts from Pune rushed to the spot and collected the samples. There are no signs of RDX presence, the officer added.
"Pune Forensic Laboratory will soon give a report explaining the cause of the explosion," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what