Cops rule out terror angle in bus explosion case in Maharashtra
Latur: Though the cause of Friday`s explosion inside a state transport bus at Nalegav village in Latur district was yet to be ascertained, preliminary investigations have ruled out any terror angle, said Maharashtra ATS.
"The probe conducted so far indicated no terror angle into the incident at Latur," a senior ATS official said here.
At least 19 were injured, four of them seriously, in the explosion inside a bus at Nalegav village at Chakur taluka in Latur district last evening.
Police suspect the explosion might have occurred due to the overheating of engine.
Teams of Maharashtra ATS and forensic experts from Pune rushed to the spot and collected the samples. There are no signs of RDX presence, the officer added.
"Pune Forensic Laboratory will soon give a report explaining the cause of the explosion," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda