Corruption case registered against top civil aviation officer
Mumbai: CBI has registered a corruption case
against Manoj Malviya, additional commissioner (Security) in
Bureau of Civil Aviation for allegedly misusing his official
"Malviya, a 1986 batch IPS officer of the West Bengal
cadre had entered into a conspiracy with officials from
private firm GVK, Mumbai International Airport Ltd (MIAL) and
Airport Authority of India (AAI)," CBI DIG (Western Region),
Pravin Salunkhe said.
A case of conspiracy and corruption has been registered
against Malviya and unidentified officials of GVK, MIAL
and AAI, Salunkhe added.
CBI is conducting searches at the New Delhi office and
residence of Malviya and also at the offices of MIAL and GVK
in Mumbai in this connection.
According to CBI, Malviya had visited Mumbai on several
occasions from May 2009 to February this year and had stayed
at five star hotels, the bills of which were paid by either
GVK, MIAL or AAI.
"In February this year, Malviya had stayed at the Grand
Hyatt hotel where the bill of Rs 24,790 was paid from the
credit card of one Virendra Singh Chandrawat, who is MIAL`s
Head of Security," Slaunkhe said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'