Country heading towards another Emergency:BJP
Mumbai: The BJP on Friday anticipated the imposition of another Emergency in the country, saying the situation was similar to the pre-emergency era of 1974.
"The situation of 1974 has been recreated," senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader Gopinath Munde said at the party`s national executive meeting here.
"At that time, the problem was of unemployment and poverty. The government could not bring the situation under control and imposed Emergency (in 1975)," he said.
"A similar situation has re-emerged as the government is not able to handle the crisis brought by inflation, corruption, Naxalism and terrorism," he said.
On the second day of the meeting, the BJP passed a political resolution, blaming the United Progressive Alliance government for what it called policy paralysis.
"If common man feels cheated and victimised, if farmers are committing suicide, if industrial production is down, if unemployment is rising and there is rampant corruption which keeps on manifesting with alarming regularity, if there is overpowering gloom and despair because of rank misrule and mal-governance of the Congress-led UPA government, then BJP has a duty towards the suffering people of the country to articulate their concern and it will continue to do so with determination," the resolution said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs