Court asks report from CBI on complaint against Adarsh members
Mumbai: A metropolitan magistrate`s court here has sought a report from CBI on a complaint which seeks registration of cases against 66 members of the scam-tainted Adarsh Housing Society in south Mumbai.
"The authority which is investigating the matter has to submit a report," said Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate DD Deshmukh in the order yesterday.
Abdul Malik Chaudhary, a social worker, filed the complaint in January 2011. "In the complaint, we said a case should also be registered against 66 others -- public servants and government officials -- who are the members of the society," said advocate Ashish Giri, Chaudhary`s lawyer.
Chaudhary wants cases against them for criminal breach of trust, cheating, criminal trespass, forgery and criminal conspiracy.
On July 4 this year, CBI filed a 10,000-page charge sheet in Adarsh case against 13 people, including former Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan and society`s promoters, in the special CBI court here. The central agency had started the probe in November 2010 following a direction from the Ministry of Defence.
It is alleged that Adarsh building came up illegally on the land belonging to MoD. CBI also says that Chavan had a `benami` (in somebody else`s name) flat in the Society, which got many concessions from the civic authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley