Court asks report from CBI on complaint against Adarsh members
Mumbai: A metropolitan magistrate`s court here has sought a report from CBI on a complaint which seeks registration of cases against 66 members of the scam-tainted Adarsh Housing Society in south Mumbai.
"The authority which is investigating the matter has to submit a report," said Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate DD Deshmukh in the order yesterday.
Abdul Malik Chaudhary, a social worker, filed the complaint in January 2011. "In the complaint, we said a case should also be registered against 66 others -- public servants and government officials -- who are the members of the society," said advocate Ashish Giri, Chaudhary`s lawyer.
Chaudhary wants cases against them for criminal breach of trust, cheating, criminal trespass, forgery and criminal conspiracy.
On July 4 this year, CBI filed a 10,000-page charge sheet in Adarsh case against 13 people, including former Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan and society`s promoters, in the special CBI court here. The central agency had started the probe in November 2010 following a direction from the Ministry of Defence.
It is alleged that Adarsh building came up illegally on the land belonging to MoD. CBI also says that Chavan had a `benami` (in somebody else`s name) flat in the Society, which got many concessions from the civic authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi