Court clubs 4 tax evasion cases against Hasan Ali
Mumbai: The Income Tax Appellate Tribunal
(ITAT) on Tuesday clubbed the four tax evasion cases against Pune
stud-farm owner Hasan Ali Khan, into a single case.
With this, all the proceedings at ITAT will be conducted
as a single case before a single bench.
"The Income Tax department today filed an application
to club all the cases pending with the ITAT and I gave my no
objection to it, after which, the cases were clubbed," Sunil
Shinde, appearing in ITAT on behalf of Khan, said.
The ITAT is presently conducting four cases against Khan,
"With the clubbing of these cases, it would be easy for
the (Income Tax) department, as well as, us in conducting the
matters," said Shinde, who is also Khan`s chartered
Accused of money-laundering and multi-crore tax evasion,
Khan is also facing criminal cases under the Passport Act, for
allegedly possessing six passports from different parts of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest