Court extends police custody of rave party accused
Mumbai: A special court on Friday extended till May 29 the police custody of Vishay Handa who is the key accused and organiser of the rave party busted on May 20 by the suburban police.
The prosecution argued before the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Court that they need to get the telephone details of Handa to ascertain about the people involved in organising the party.
Meanwhile, the Juhu police will be taking the help of the Cyber Cell to decode the mail invite, which was said to contain hints of the rave event, allegedly sent by Handa to the patrons.
The police also said that they need to crack the passwords of Handa`s Gmail and Facebook accounts that were used to send the invites.
Handa (31) was arrested on May 21 under relevant sections of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act.
As many as 100 people, including IPL players, namely Wayne Parnell and Rahul Sharma, and 19 foreign nationals, were detained by the police after they busted the party at suburban Juhu`s Oakwoods Hotel.
The patrons were released in the wee hours next day after their blood and urine samples were taken for medical examination.
Police claimed to have seized approximately 110 grams of cocaine along with MDMA, popularly known as ecstasy, and charas from the site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS