Court issues order to impound chairs-tables of NMC head, Mayor
Nashik: A local court has issued an order to impound tables and chairs of Nashik Municipal Commissioner Sanjay Khandare and Mayor Advocate Yatin Wagh after the civic body allegedly failed to remove encroachments in Satpur area here, resulting in losses to a cinema hall owner.
The attach warrant was issued yesterday over pending removal of encroachments as well as construction of a 15-metre road in Satpur area`s block number 525 here, where petitioner Rajesh Mohanlal Rai`s cinema hall `Shivan` was located since more than a decade, NMC sources said.
Rai had filed a writ petition in the Nashik court few years back in this regard seeking proper infrastructure around the hall.
However, NMC failed to take note, forcing theatre owner Rai to close down the cinema hall following which he had to suffer huge losses, he told reporters here.
The civic body had challenged it in Mumbai High Court but it transferred the case to the district court, sources said.
The district court has reserved its final order for October 24, after Deputy Commissioner RS Bahiram managed to get a stay order in the absence of the NMC Commisssioner, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country