Court issues order to impound chairs-tables of NMC head, Mayor
Nashik: A local court has issued an order to impound tables and chairs of Nashik Municipal Commissioner Sanjay Khandare and Mayor Advocate Yatin Wagh after the civic body allegedly failed to remove encroachments in Satpur area here, resulting in losses to a cinema hall owner.
The attach warrant was issued yesterday over pending removal of encroachments as well as construction of a 15-metre road in Satpur area`s block number 525 here, where petitioner Rajesh Mohanlal Rai`s cinema hall `Shivan` was located since more than a decade, NMC sources said.
Rai had filed a writ petition in the Nashik court few years back in this regard seeking proper infrastructure around the hall.
However, NMC failed to take note, forcing theatre owner Rai to close down the cinema hall following which he had to suffer huge losses, he told reporters here.
The civic body had challenged it in Mumbai High Court but it transferred the case to the district court, sources said.
The district court has reserved its final order for October 24, after Deputy Commissioner RS Bahiram managed to get a stay order in the absence of the NMC Commisssioner, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- Nepal likely to form consensus government within seven days of Oli resigning
- Hemant Soren complains against top police officer
- Salman Khan acquitted in black buck poaching cases: Check out mixed reactions on Twitter
- China says South Korea damaged 'mutual trust'
- Susan Rice urges `candour and openness` on Beijing visit