Court orders NBW against docs in sex test case
Beed: A local court has ordered the police to issue a non-bailable arrest warrant against Parli doctor couple - Sudam and Saraswati Munde - in illegal sex determination case.
In 2010, Satara-based social activist Varsha Deshpande had carried out a sting operation at Sudam Munde`s hospital in Parli tehsil of Beed for allegedly conducting illegal sex determination test.
Parli sub-district hospital`s former medical officer had then lodged a complaint against the doctor couple in court.
However, the duo got bail in 2011 on the condition that they will not commit such a crime in future.
But on May 18 this year, the doctors allegedly carried out an abortion of a sugarcane worker Vijaymala Patekar, who was in her second trimester of pregnancy, at their hospital in Parli, which resulted in her death.
Following this, district civil surgeon Gauri Rathod had appealed at the Aurangabad bench of Bombay High Court for cancellation of bail of the doctor couple, as they breached law again.
The High Court had then cancelled Munde`s bail and had given order for a non-bailable warrant against them, but Parli police did not issue it.
Yesterday, Parli court judge D P Khandelwal gave an order to police to issue a non-bailable arrest warrant against the doctors.
The court also issued a show cause notice to the inspector of Parli police station asking why the warrant was not issued earlier against the doctors.
Incidentally, on September 25, the Ambajogai tehsil court granted bail to Saraswati Munde in the 2010 sex determination case.
The doctor couple is currently lodged in Nashik district jail after being arrested in the Vijaymala case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader