Court orders NBW against docs in sex test case
Beed: A local court has ordered the police to issue a non-bailable arrest warrant against Parli doctor couple - Sudam and Saraswati Munde - in illegal sex determination case.
In 2010, Satara-based social activist Varsha Deshpande had carried out a sting operation at Sudam Munde`s hospital in Parli tehsil of Beed for allegedly conducting illegal sex determination test.
Parli sub-district hospital`s former medical officer had then lodged a complaint against the doctor couple in court.
However, the duo got bail in 2011 on the condition that they will not commit such a crime in future.
But on May 18 this year, the doctors allegedly carried out an abortion of a sugarcane worker Vijaymala Patekar, who was in her second trimester of pregnancy, at their hospital in Parli, which resulted in her death.
Following this, district civil surgeon Gauri Rathod had appealed at the Aurangabad bench of Bombay High Court for cancellation of bail of the doctor couple, as they breached law again.
The High Court had then cancelled Munde`s bail and had given order for a non-bailable warrant against them, but Parli police did not issue it.
Yesterday, Parli court judge D P Khandelwal gave an order to police to issue a non-bailable arrest warrant against the doctors.
The court also issued a show cause notice to the inspector of Parli police station asking why the warrant was not issued earlier against the doctors.
Incidentally, on September 25, the Ambajogai tehsil court granted bail to Saraswati Munde in the 2010 sex determination case.
The doctor couple is currently lodged in Nashik district jail after being arrested in the Vijaymala case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!