Court permits Mumbai Police to conduct tests on Vijay Palande
Mumbai: The Esplanade Court on Wednesday granted permission to the Mumbai Police`s Crime Branch to conduct scientific tests on gangster Vijay Palande, an accused in three murder cases.
Police sources said they want to conduct scientific tests which will help find new facts about the cases.
Palande has been booked in three murder cases. The first case pertains to the murder of Delhi-based businessman Arun Kumar Tikku. While in custody, Palande confessed his role in the murder of aspiring producer Karan Kumar Kakkad.
After the police located Kakkad`s remains, it also also found remains of another person and hence, Palande was subsequently booked in a third murder case.
Palande is in custody in connection with the third murder case, after he was arrested on April 10.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata