Court rebukes senior cop for `casual` approach
Thane: A senior police inspector was pulled up by a local court for not coming prepared for a murder trial.
Additional sessions judge AA Sayeed came down heavily on senior police inspector Subhash Divekar, attached to Thane Commissionerate, during his deposition in the ongoing trial in a 2011 triple murder case.
When the officer fumbled to explain, the judge rebuked him saying "you are sitting in front of me since morning. You could have prepared for deposition before stepping in the witness box, which you did not".
As Divekar tried to explain that since he has some law and order issues to tackle in his jurisdiction he could not find time to prepare, the court said "should we check this up with your seniors"?
The court rebuked Divekar for not being attentive.
The case relates to the murder of Bhiwandi-based moneylender Irfan Shah (32), his wife Gulista and their four-year-old daughter Mohak who were hacked to death in 2011, allegedly by Mohammad Rafique Khan (25) and Mohammad Safique Khan (30) over loan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof