Court refuses relief to Hasan Ali`s wife
Mumbai: In a setback to Pune stud farm owner
Hasan Ali Khan`s wife, a special court on Thursday rejected her
application seeking quashing of proceedings against her.
Rheema Khan had approached the Prevention of Money
Laundering Act (PMLA) court last month seeking quashing of
proceedings, initiated by Enforcement Directorate, after she
did not reply to its summons.
"The court has rejected her application," said an officer
of the central agency.
The officer said that proceedings against her will now
"We will initiate the proceeding of fine under the PMLA
and also under section 174 (non-attendance in obedience to an
order from public servant) of the IPC," officer said.
Earlier, Rheema`s lawyer I A Bagaria had argued that she
had not been implicated in the case and therefore she need not
remain present before the ED.
Bagaria said that the court`s decision will be
challenged before higher courts.
According to the Enforcement Directorate, Khan and
Kolkata-based Kashinath Tapuriah had laundered billions of
dollars in foreign banks, of which a large chunk was obtained
by Khan through the sale of weapons to international arms
dealer, Adnan Khashoggi.
Khan is facing the charge of stashing away billions of
dollars in foreign banks with the help of Tapuriah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured