close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Court rejects Sadhvi`s plea for comfortable travel

A court on Saturday rejected the plea of Sadhvi Pragya, seeking that she be taken to Bhopal either by a plane or in an AC compartment of train.



Mumbai: A court on Saturday rejected the plea of
Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, a key accused in the 2008 Malegaon
bomb blast case, seeking a direction to authorities that she
be taken to Bhopal either by a plane or in an AC compartment
of train for appearance in a murder case trial there.

Pragya had said that she was even ready to bear the
expenses of the journey, but the special Maharashtra Control
of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court rejected her application.

"We shall move the Bombay High Court on January 23
against this ruling," her lawyer Ganesh Sovani said.
In another development, hearing on her bail plea before
the MCOCA court was deferred to February 4.

Pragya, lodged in a jail here in connection with the
blast trial, is also an accused in the case related to murder
of RSS activist Sunil Joshi. The next hearing in Joshi case at
Bhopal court is on February 2.

Joshi, a suspect in the Samjhauta Express blast case, was
shot dead at Dewas in Madhya Pradesh on December 29, 2007.
12 persons, including Sadhvi and Lt Col Prasad
Purohit, have been arrested so far in the Malegaon case. Six
persons were killed in the blasts.

The trial in the blast case is yet to start as some of
the accused have challenged the invocation of MCOCA before the
Supreme Court.

PTI

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions