Court rejects state CID report on builder Rajendra Chaturvedi
Mumbai: A local magistrate`s court at Andheri rejected the state CID report which said that the case filed against builder Rajendra Chaturvedi is false.
"The court has rejected the report and has directed the CID to investigate the case again," defence lawyer Laxman Kanal, who represented a senior IPS officer in the case, said.
The CID report said that the complaint lodged by the police against Chaturvedi in 2007 alleging that he had ordered the killing of another builder Rashmikant Shah is false.
The CID report had also alleged that some cops had framed him the case.
The case dates back to February 25, 2007 when Juhu police arrested four men for planning to kill Rashmikant Shah outside Hotel Holiday Inn and subsequently alleged to have recovered a country-made revolver and Rs 12.5 lakhs from them.
Thereafter, builder Rajendra Chaturvedi and a spiritual guru, one Baba Udaynath, were arrested on the charge that they had given a contract to the four shooters to kill Shah.
Chaturvedi spent 41 days in custody and was finally released on bail. Later, the case was transferred to the state CID.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon