Court reserves judgement in Lakkhan Bhaiya encounter case
Mumbai: The special court conducting trial in an encounter case of an alleged Chotta Rajan aide Ram Narayan Gupta alias Lakkhan Bhaiya, in which dismissed encounter specialist Pradeep Sharma is the key accused, has reserved its judgement till March 30.
"The final arguments in the case are over and the judgement is reserved for March 30," Lakkhan Bhaiya`s brother Advocate Ram Prasad Gupta who is assisting the prosecution in the case, said.
Lakkhan Bhaiya was killed in an alleged fake encounter on November 11, 2006 in Versova. However, Ram Prasad Gupta on November 15, 2006, moved a petition in the Bombay High Court alleging that his brother was murdered by the police.
The Bombay High Court in February 2008 ordered magisterial enquiry into the alleged encounter and in August 2009 the magistrate submitted the report saying that Lakkhan Bhaiya was killed in a cold blooded murder following which the high court formed SIT to probe the case.
The SIT on January 2010 arrested Sharma, while former senior inspector Pradeep Suryawanshi, who allegedly led the police team on the encounter day, was arrested later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- British politics in turmoil as Brexit talks loom