Court reserves judgement in Lakkhan Bhaiya encounter case
Mumbai: The special court conducting trial in an encounter case of an alleged Chotta Rajan aide Ram Narayan Gupta alias Lakkhan Bhaiya, in which dismissed encounter specialist Pradeep Sharma is the key accused, has reserved its judgement till March 30.
"The final arguments in the case are over and the judgement is reserved for March 30," Lakkhan Bhaiya`s brother Advocate Ram Prasad Gupta who is assisting the prosecution in the case, said.
Lakkhan Bhaiya was killed in an alleged fake encounter on November 11, 2006 in Versova. However, Ram Prasad Gupta on November 15, 2006, moved a petition in the Bombay High Court alleging that his brother was murdered by the police.
The Bombay High Court in February 2008 ordered magisterial enquiry into the alleged encounter and in August 2009 the magistrate submitted the report saying that Lakkhan Bhaiya was killed in a cold blooded murder following which the high court formed SIT to probe the case.
The SIT on January 2010 arrested Sharma, while former senior inspector Pradeep Suryawanshi, who allegedly led the police team on the encounter day, was arrested later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan