Court reserves judgement in Lakkhan Bhaiya encounter case
Mumbai: The special court conducting trial in an encounter case of an alleged Chotta Rajan aide Ram Narayan Gupta alias Lakkhan Bhaiya, in which dismissed encounter specialist Pradeep Sharma is the key accused, has reserved its judgement till March 30.
"The final arguments in the case are over and the judgement is reserved for March 30," Lakkhan Bhaiya`s brother Advocate Ram Prasad Gupta who is assisting the prosecution in the case, said.
Lakkhan Bhaiya was killed in an alleged fake encounter on November 11, 2006 in Versova. However, Ram Prasad Gupta on November 15, 2006, moved a petition in the Bombay High Court alleging that his brother was murdered by the police.
The Bombay High Court in February 2008 ordered magisterial enquiry into the alleged encounter and in August 2009 the magistrate submitted the report saying that Lakkhan Bhaiya was killed in a cold blooded murder following which the high court formed SIT to probe the case.
The SIT on January 2010 arrested Sharma, while former senior inspector Pradeep Suryawanshi, who allegedly led the police team on the encounter day, was arrested later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers