Court summons wife of Hasan Ali Khan
Mumbai: The special Prevention of Money
Laundering Act (PMLA) Court today sent summons to Rema Khan,
wife of Pune stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan to appear before
it on July 4.
The Enforcement Directorate had moved a complaint before
the court saying that despite repeated summons sent, Rema was
not appearing before them.
However Khan`s lawyer IA Bagadia said to a news agency, "The summons
is just to pressurise Khan and Rema. Their statements have
already been recorded".
Meanwhile, the arguments on Khan`s bail application
concluded today and the court is likely to pass its order
tomorrow. And the arguments on Tapuria`s bail application
are likely to commence tomorrow.
Khan is in judicial custody in connection with
money-laundering and tax evasion cases while co-accused and
Kolkatta based businessman Kashinath Tapuriah is also in
judicial custody for allegedly aiding Khan in money
Khan is also facing criminal cases under the Passport
Act for allegedly possessing six passports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security