Court summons wife of Hasan Ali Khan
Mumbai: The special Prevention of Money
Laundering Act (PMLA) Court today sent summons to Rema Khan,
wife of Pune stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan to appear before
it on July 4.
The Enforcement Directorate had moved a complaint before
the court saying that despite repeated summons sent, Rema was
not appearing before them.
However Khan`s lawyer IA Bagadia said to a news agency, "The summons
is just to pressurise Khan and Rema. Their statements have
already been recorded".
Meanwhile, the arguments on Khan`s bail application
concluded today and the court is likely to pass its order
tomorrow. And the arguments on Tapuria`s bail application
are likely to commence tomorrow.
Khan is in judicial custody in connection with
money-laundering and tax evasion cases while co-accused and
Kolkatta based businessman Kashinath Tapuriah is also in
judicial custody for allegedly aiding Khan in money
Khan is also facing criminal cases under the Passport
Act for allegedly possessing six passports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured