Courts should not get into the role of rulers: Thackeray
Mumbai: Miffed by an interim order of the Bombay High Court which directed the Mumbai civic body to notify Shivaji Park ground as "silence zone," Shiv Sena chief
Bal Thackeray on Thursday said "courts should not get into the role of rulers and encroach on the administration."
"Courts should not get into the role of rulers and encroach on the administration. The country will benefit of all the pillars of democracy stay within their limits," Thackeray said in an editorial in party mouthpiece `Saamana`.
The park is the venue of Shiv Sena`s annual Dussehra
rally, apart from political rallies of other parties.
"Who wants to gain what by declaring the Park as silence zone," Thackeray said, recalling that in the last 45 years, he has addressed "rallies of lakhs of people" at the
venue and "guided" Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’