‘Cover `Shiv Vada Pav` stalls during BMC polls’
Mumbai: Swabhimaan Sanghtana chief Nitesh Rane on Tuesday demanded that the State Election Commissioner direct the owners of the Shiv Sena-sponsored `Shiv Vada Pav` stalls to cover their outlets as it may "influence" voters ahead of the civic elections in the city.
"I have given a letter to the State Election Commissioner
stating that the Shiv Vada Pav stalls should be covered with
cloth as it may influence voters," Nitesh told agency.
"Shiv Sena approved the Shiv Vada Pav stall scheme with
the help of the civic body. Running the stalls when the model
code of conduct is in place is like violating it. By running
the stalls they are influencing the voters," he alleged.
As per the model code of conduct, political parties
cannot organise programs or anything that would influence
voters. Hence, the stalls should be covered, Nitesh said.
"The stalls should be covered in the way statues of BSP
chief Mayawati and her election symbol elephant are being
draped.... same rule applies here," he said, adding that on
refusal to cover the stalls, action should be taken against
the Shiv Sena.
The Sena branded `Shiv Vada Pav` was launched over two
years ago with the stated aim to provide employment avenue to
the Marathi youths.
Elections to the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC)
are slated to be held on February 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM