CPCB to collect real-time emission data from incinerators
New Delhi: To ensure timely corrective
measures, the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) would
soon collect real-time emission data from common waste
hazardous incinerators installed in three industrial sites in
Gujarat and Maharashtra.
The central pollution watchdog is in the process of
setting up a system for online transmission of data from the
three CHWIs -- in Bharuch and Surat -- in Gujarat and Raigad
in Maharashtra, which are among the recently identified
critically polluted sites by the government in the country.
Explaining the method, a senior environment official
said that the data of parameters like SO2, NO2, O2, etc. will
be captured from the online monitors, transmitted through the
hi-tech technology to CPCB Central Server and in turn will be
integrated with the existing system operational in CPCB.
The CPCB has already been successfully running a pilot
project on transmission of real time emission data from
Pragati Power Corporation Ltd in Delhi and data is being
received regularly for the last , since last three years.
"After Bharuch and Surat in Gujarat and Raigad in
Mumbai, the project could be replicated in many more sites
where pollution has reached at an alarming level," he said.
Most of the major industries including power plants
and Common Hazardous Waste Incinerators, etc. have on-line
analyzers for continuous monitoring of emissions from major
sources, which help in timely corrective action.
Given the rapid developments of information
technology, these continuously generated real time data could
be made available on-line to the Pollution Control Authorities
for considerable use to the regulatory authorities, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir