Cradles to be installed outside Maha govt hospitals
Mumbai: In order to save the lives of kids abandoned by their parents, the Maharashtra government has decided to install cradles outside the government-run hospitals across the state.
"Some parents abandon their new-born kids at the road-side. Therefore, we have decided to install cradles outside government-run hospitals, which will facilitate primary treatment to them," Women and Child Development Minister Varsha Gaikwad said.
She said newborns don`t get primary treatment and hence die after being abandoned.
"If somebody keeps their kid in the cradle the Child Welfare Committee (CWC) will take care of that child and its life can be saved," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj