Cradles to be installed outside Maha govt hospitals
Mumbai: In order to save the lives of kids abandoned by their parents, the Maharashtra government has decided to install cradles outside the government-run hospitals across the state.
"Some parents abandon their new-born kids at the road-side. Therefore, we have decided to install cradles outside government-run hospitals, which will facilitate primary treatment to them," Women and Child Development Minister Varsha Gaikwad said.
She said newborns don`t get primary treatment and hence die after being abandoned.
"If somebody keeps their kid in the cradle the Child Welfare Committee (CWC) will take care of that child and its life can be saved," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video