`Cricketers should have been considered for IPL post`
Mumbai: Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray on Wednesday
asked the BCCI as to why cricketers like Sunil Gavaskar,
Ravi Shastri or Ajit Wadekar were not considered to replace
ousted IPL commissioner Lalit Modi.
He also questioned the logic behind his old friend
Sharad Pawar making Modi IPL chief despite his "shady past."
"Modi has been replaced by another big shot
industrialist....(BCCI chief Shashank) Manohar should be asked
why names of Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri or Ajit Wadekar were
not considered for the post," he said in an editorial in party
Thackeray also asked as to why "Pawar and others
handed over IPL reins to Modi despite his shady past."
"Pawar is a minister in the Union cabinet and his
party rules Maharashtra. Despite having police and
intelligence agencies at their disposal, did they fail to know
the shady past of Modi?" Thackeray said.
"The decision to hand over reins of IPL, which rakes
in thousands of crores, to such a person is dubious," he
He said Manohar could have suspended Modi much
earlier. "Manohar says the whole world knew about IPL dealings
but the Governing Council was kept in the dark," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know