Crime against women on rise, take stern action: Sule
Mumbai: NCP MP Supriya Sule on Saturday asked Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil to take stern action against perpetrators of crime against women.
"Strict action should be taken against the person who commits crime against women," said Sule, the sitting MP and convener of Rashtravadi Yuvati Congress.
She was speaking to reporters after handing over a memorandum to Patil to expedite investigations into an attack on a college girl by a youth yesterday.
Sule said crime against women in the metropolis have risen in the recent past.
"Because of which teenage girls cannot go around freely in the city," she added.
Patil told Sule that a search is on to trace the second accused in the case.
Sule, daughter of NCP chief Sharad Pawar, during the 50th conclave of her party in Aurangabad last week had asked Patil to take serious note of cases like sexual harassment, eve-teasing, dowry, female foeticide among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog