Crime against women on rise, take stern action: Sule
Mumbai: NCP MP Supriya Sule on Saturday asked Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil to take stern action against perpetrators of crime against women.
"Strict action should be taken against the person who commits crime against women," said Sule, the sitting MP and convener of Rashtravadi Yuvati Congress.
She was speaking to reporters after handing over a memorandum to Patil to expedite investigations into an attack on a college girl by a youth yesterday.
Sule said crime against women in the metropolis have risen in the recent past.
"Because of which teenage girls cannot go around freely in the city," she added.
Patil told Sule that a search is on to trace the second accused in the case.
Sule, daughter of NCP chief Sharad Pawar, during the 50th conclave of her party in Aurangabad last week had asked Patil to take serious note of cases like sexual harassment, eve-teasing, dowry, female foeticide among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- In or out? Did Sidhu really quit BJP and join AAP!
- Rajnath Singh sends out stern message to Pakistan, says 'we don't need third party in Kashmir'
- Declare India a 'Hindu state', says Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!