Crime against women on rise, take stern action: Sule
Mumbai: NCP MP Supriya Sule on Saturday asked Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil to take stern action against perpetrators of crime against women.
"Strict action should be taken against the person who commits crime against women," said Sule, the sitting MP and convener of Rashtravadi Yuvati Congress.
She was speaking to reporters after handing over a memorandum to Patil to expedite investigations into an attack on a college girl by a youth yesterday.
Sule said crime against women in the metropolis have risen in the recent past.
"Because of which teenage girls cannot go around freely in the city," she added.
Patil told Sule that a search is on to trace the second accused in the case.
Sule, daughter of NCP chief Sharad Pawar, during the 50th conclave of her party in Aurangabad last week had asked Patil to take serious note of cases like sexual harassment, eve-teasing, dowry, female foeticide among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence