Crime against women on rise, take stern action: Sule
Mumbai: NCP MP Supriya Sule on Saturday asked Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil to take stern action against perpetrators of crime against women.
"Strict action should be taken against the person who commits crime against women," said Sule, the sitting MP and convener of Rashtravadi Yuvati Congress.
She was speaking to reporters after handing over a memorandum to Patil to expedite investigations into an attack on a college girl by a youth yesterday.
Sule said crime against women in the metropolis have risen in the recent past.
"Because of which teenage girls cannot go around freely in the city," she added.
Patil told Sule that a search is on to trace the second accused in the case.
Sule, daughter of NCP chief Sharad Pawar, during the 50th conclave of her party in Aurangabad last week had asked Patil to take serious note of cases like sexual harassment, eve-teasing, dowry, female foeticide among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA