Crowd management plan in place for Thackeray death anniversary
Mumbai: Expecting a huge crowd at the Shivaji Park on occasion of the first death anniversary of former Shiv Sena supremo late Balasaheb Thackeray on November 17, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) and Mumbai police today held a meeting to chalk out plans for the event.
Several senior Shiv Sena leaders like Diwakar Raote, Subhash Desai and Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) Commissioner Sitaram Kunte were present at the meeting.
Balasaheb Thackeray`s first death anniversary will be observed on November 17 and a large number of Sena cadres and followers from across Maharashtra are expected to reach the Shivaji Park grounds, where he was cremated.
Meanwhile, the Shiv Sena has given a "Chalo Shiv Tirth" (the name given by Thackeray to Shivaji Park) call.
"The police and the BMC have prepared a plan for his death anniversary to be observed on November 17. We are satisfied with it," Mumbai mayor Sunil Prabhu said.
He said that the civic body has also taken permission from the heritage department for the landscaped garden being constructed at the Shivaji Park, in Balasaheb Thackeray`s memory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites