CRPF chief visits Naxal hotbed in Maharashtra
Nagpur: CRPF chief Pranay Sahay on Friday visited an interior location in the Naxal affected Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra to review anti-Maoist operations along the state`s border with Chhattisgarh.
Sahay, along with senior state police and security officials, flew in a helicopter from here to visit the forests of Pendri in the district, considered a Naxal hotbed as it witnesses heavy movement of armed Maoist cadres, who take advantage of its location on the inter-state border.
The CRPF chief`s visit came ahead of the para-military force planning to launch big operations keeping in mind the ongoing `Naxal martyrs week` and tomorrow`s anniversary of the killing of their top leader Kishenji last year.
The Union Home Ministry has recently issued an advisory to all state governments and security forces to step up vigil in view of these Naxalite movements.
The DG reviewed the operational preparedness of the force which has a company (about 100 men) base in Pendri, they said.
CRPF Inspector General Nalin Prabhat, senior force commanders and state police officials were present during the visit to brief Sahay about the operational deployment of the force.
The importance of the area can be gauged from the fact that the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has deployed six battalions (6,000 personnel) in Gadchiroli district alone to conduct anti-Naxal operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof