CRPF to guard Pratibha Patil`s Pune bungalow
New Delhi: The government has sanctioned an armed paramilitary squad to guard the bungalow of former President Pratibha Patil in Pune in Maharashtra.
The Union Home Ministry has tasked the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) to deploy a contingent of about 25-30 personnel to render "static guard" and sentry duties at the post-retirement abode of Patil in the Pashan Road area of the city.
CRPF, the mainstay for anti-Naxal operations in the country, has been drawn into static guard or installations security duty after a long time, sources said, adding that the troops for this task will be drawn from a battalion based in north India.
The bungalow for the first woman President of the country in Pune was finalised by the Urban Development Ministry last year after the earlier house she was wanting to construct on a defence land got into a controversy.
Authorities have recently begun erecting sentry posts and residential facilities for the paramilitary squad that will be present 24X7 at the house.
The sources said former Presidents are authorised to choose a post-retirement abode of their choice and the government also ensures security at the place of their residence.
CRPF has recently been tasked to provide VIP security cover to RIL Chairman Mukesh Ambani and former MoS Matang Singh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'