CSA announces Sandip Soparrkar as its brand ambassador
Mumbai: Catalysts for Social Action (CSA), a social welfare organisation dedicated to the cause of child adoption in India has announced choreographer Sandip Soparrkar as its ambassador.
The charity event was organised in association with the British Deputy High Commission last evening here.
"It is always heartwarming to watch a child walk out of the orphanage into a loving home and family. In India there are approximately 25 million destitute children. Only about 3,000 get adopted every year. In recent years the number of adoptions has decreased," CSA, Managing Trustee, Bharati Dasgupta, said.
CSA also announced that it will increase its operations in two states Maharashtra and Orissa. Presently, it supports 30 orphanages and adoption agencies.
"Adoption is permanent, life transforming and the best method of rehabilitating an orphaned destitute child," CSA, President, Vipul Jain, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured