CSA announces Sandip Soparrkar as its brand ambassador
Mumbai: Catalysts for Social Action (CSA), a social welfare organisation dedicated to the cause of child adoption in India has announced choreographer Sandip Soparrkar as its ambassador.
The charity event was organised in association with the British Deputy High Commission last evening here.
"It is always heartwarming to watch a child walk out of the orphanage into a loving home and family. In India there are approximately 25 million destitute children. Only about 3,000 get adopted every year. In recent years the number of adoptions has decreased," CSA, Managing Trustee, Bharati Dasgupta, said.
CSA also announced that it will increase its operations in two states Maharashtra and Orissa. Presently, it supports 30 orphanages and adoption agencies.
"Adoption is permanent, life transforming and the best method of rehabilitating an orphaned destitute child," CSA, President, Vipul Jain, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred