CSA announces Sandip Soparrkar as its brand ambassador
Mumbai: Catalysts for Social Action (CSA), a social welfare organisation dedicated to the cause of child adoption in India has announced choreographer Sandip Soparrkar as its ambassador.
The charity event was organised in association with the British Deputy High Commission last evening here.
"It is always heartwarming to watch a child walk out of the orphanage into a loving home and family. In India there are approximately 25 million destitute children. Only about 3,000 get adopted every year. In recent years the number of adoptions has decreased," CSA, Managing Trustee, Bharati Dasgupta, said.
CSA also announced that it will increase its operations in two states Maharashtra and Orissa. Presently, it supports 30 orphanages and adoption agencies.
"Adoption is permanent, life transforming and the best method of rehabilitating an orphaned destitute child," CSA, President, Vipul Jain, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday