Curfew in north Maha village as two groups clash
Jalgaon: A curfew has been imposed in Savda village in this north Maharashtra district after two groups clashed and set some vehicles and shops on fire, police said on Thursday.
Seven persons were injured in the clash and their condition is stable, they said.
The incident happened on Wednesday night at Savda village in Raver tehsil when members of a group sitting in a small hotel quarrelled among themselves over some issue.
The scuffle soon spiralled into a free-for-all with two groups armed with sharp-edged weapons coming face to face and pelting stones, a police officer said.
"..People gathered at Shekhpura Gandhi Chowk locality in the area and attacked each other. They torched some vehicles including a motorcycle and some kiosks," SP Jai Kumar said, adding, around 20 persons are picked up for questioning.
Though the situation was brought under control with the additional reinforcement, the authorities clamped the curfew till Thursday midnight as a precautionary measure.
Kumar said that he would take a call later in the day on reducing the curfew period depending upon the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof