Curfew relaxed in Ahmednagar, but people remained in houses
Ahmednagar: Fearing police action, people
in the towm were today found to be observing elf-imposed
`bandh` despite relaxation of the curfew, imposed yesterday
following a riot on Saturday night.
A clash between police and Shiv Sena activists and
subsequent police firing on the mob took place on Saturday
night. The clash followed when police raided private premises
of Shiv Sena taluk unit chief D P Macchindra Dhumal on the
complaints of conducting gambling activity. At that time,Sena
men had pelted stones at police and it led to police firing
and curfew was imposed in the town.
Meanwhile, seven accused in the riots case have been
sent to police custody. A top police officer told PTI that the
probe into the riot and police firing is going on and 58 names
of the accused have been ascertained and cases will be filed
Chargesheet has been filed against the seven persons
who are absconding, police said. Dhumal has escaped from the
hospital at Nashik without paying the bill to avoid arrest,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical