Mumbai: Four accused, arrested in connection
with the 13/7 Mumbai triple blasts, were Monday produced in a special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court here, where their judicial custody was extended till
The Maharashtra ATS, probing the blasts case had invoked
stringent provisions of MCOCA against the four arrested
accused -- Naquee Ahmed, Nadeem Sheikh, Kanwar Pathrija and
Haroon Naik--for their alleged involvement in the blasts and
were lodged in judicial custody.
Also, one of the accused, Nadeem Sheikh, who had given a
confession statement, admitting to the alleged offence, filed
a retraction before the court today.
While Nadeem said his confession was obtained forcefully,
another accused Haroon alleged that he was tortured by the
Three blasts had taken place minutes apart at Zaveri
Bazaar, Opera House and Dadar on July 13 last year killing 27
persons and injuring several others.
According to ATS, the blasts were allegedly carried out
by terror outfit Indian Mujahideen (IM) in which its top
operative Yasin Bhatkal was directly involved. Bhatkal is
The investigating agency had earlier told the
magistrate`s court while seeking the accused`s custody that
Pathrija had sent Rs ten lakh to Bhatkal through `hawala`
channels to carry out the blasts. Pathrija was alleged to have
recieved the money from Saudi Arabia.