DA case: Kripashankar Singh faces arrest
Mumbai: A day after Mumbai police attached properties of former city Congress chief Kripashankar Singh and his family, Singh faces arrest on Saturday.
The Supreme Court, yesterday, refused to grant any interim stay or quashing the Bombay High Court order in Disproportionate Asserts cases as sought by the tainted Congress leader.
The Bombay High Court had on February 22 ordered the prosecution of Singh for "criminal misconduct" under the Prevention of Corruption Act and attachment of properties owned by him.
Singh’s family members were alleged to have abetted the commission of offence. The High Court also had ordered a probe against Kripashankar`s family by the Mumbai Police, directing it to collect documentary evidence regarding all movable and immovable properties of the leader and his family, including his wife, son and daughter-in-law.
The Mumbai police on Friday attached 12 properties of Singh and his family. The action came days after the police lodged an FIR against Singh and his family members for possessing assets disproportionate to their known sources of income.
"We have attached all the immovable and movable properties belonging to him and his family members in Mumbai," a senior officer involved in the investigations said.
"A huge quantity of documents have also been recovered. Among the movable properities, the seizure includes some cars and other valuables," he added.
Only one of the properties in the metropolis is in the name of Singh, while the rest are owned by his wife, son, daughter and son-in-law, police sources said.
In a display of arrogance, Singh`s son Narendra Mohan, yesterday, showed his middle finger to mediapersons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says