DA case: Kripashankar Singh faces arrest
Mumbai: A day after Mumbai police attached properties of former city Congress chief Kripashankar Singh and his family, Singh faces arrest on Saturday.
The Supreme Court, yesterday, refused to grant any interim stay or quashing the Bombay High Court order in Disproportionate Asserts cases as sought by the tainted Congress leader.
The Bombay High Court had on February 22 ordered the prosecution of Singh for "criminal misconduct" under the Prevention of Corruption Act and attachment of properties owned by him.
Singh’s family members were alleged to have abetted the commission of offence. The High Court also had ordered a probe against Kripashankar`s family by the Mumbai Police, directing it to collect documentary evidence regarding all movable and immovable properties of the leader and his family, including his wife, son and daughter-in-law.
The Mumbai police on Friday attached 12 properties of Singh and his family. The action came days after the police lodged an FIR against Singh and his family members for possessing assets disproportionate to their known sources of income.
"We have attached all the immovable and movable properties belonging to him and his family members in Mumbai," a senior officer involved in the investigations said.
"A huge quantity of documents have also been recovered. Among the movable properities, the seizure includes some cars and other valuables," he added.
Only one of the properties in the metropolis is in the name of Singh, while the rest are owned by his wife, son, daughter and son-in-law, police sources said.
In a display of arrogance, Singh`s son Narendra Mohan, yesterday, showed his middle finger to mediapersons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days