Dabbling in cricket did Pawar in: Thackeray
Mumbai: Dabbling in cricket has led to NCP chief Sharad Pawar`s "political waterloo," Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray Tuesday said.
"Pawar ventured onto cricket pitch without any reason and it is on the same pitch that we see him facing his political waterloo," Thackeray said in an editorial in party mouthpiece `Saamana`.
The seed of IPL sown in cricket was "poison and it is this poisonous python that has encircled Pawar," the editorial said.
Accusing Pawar of indulging in money politics, Thackeray said, "No one knows Pawar better than we do. Power through money, money through power and again, power through money, has been his formula."
"Pawar cannot escape (from the IPL bid row) as Congress has cornered him totally and the person behind it is Sonia Gandhi," Thackeray claimed.
"We told him repeatedly to ignore cricket and concentrate on agriculture. Today, it is this cricket and IPL which has become reason for bringing him into trouble politically," he said.
Pawar has denied reports that he and his family members had made a bid for an IPL team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"