Dabbling in cricket did Pawar in: Thackeray
Mumbai: Dabbling in cricket has led to NCP chief Sharad Pawar`s "political waterloo," Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray Tuesday said.
"Pawar ventured onto cricket pitch without any reason and it is on the same pitch that we see him facing his political waterloo," Thackeray said in an editorial in party mouthpiece `Saamana`.
The seed of IPL sown in cricket was "poison and it is this poisonous python that has encircled Pawar," the editorial said.
Accusing Pawar of indulging in money politics, Thackeray said, "No one knows Pawar better than we do. Power through money, money through power and again, power through money, has been his formula."
"Pawar cannot escape (from the IPL bid row) as Congress has cornered him totally and the person behind it is Sonia Gandhi," Thackeray claimed.
"We told him repeatedly to ignore cricket and concentrate on agriculture. Today, it is this cricket and IPL which has become reason for bringing him into trouble politically," he said.
Pawar has denied reports that he and his family members had made a bid for an IPL team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened