Dabholkar killing probe heading in right direction: Patil
Mumbai: The probe in the murder case of rationalist Dr Narendra Dabholkar is heading in the right direction, Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil said here on Friday.
"Investigation into the Dabholkar murder case is on the right track. The case will be cracked soon," Patil assured a delegation of journalists.
Till the investigation reaches logical end, concerned police personnel would not be given any other work, he said.
"Their only job till then will be to crack the case and nab the accused," he said.
Asked to specify a time frame within which the case would be cracked, Patil said, "Reasonable time should be given to the police. It will make no sense if they arrest one or two persons, who are of least importance."
Amid spontaneous public outrage and grief over 69-year-old Dabholkar`s killing in Pune on Tuesday, the state government on Wednesday had cleared a proposal to promulgate an ordinance to check black magic and inhuman religious rituals.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living