Dabholkar murder: One accused wanted to raise army of 15,000 armed men, claims CBI
CBI today claimed one of the accused arrested in connection with the murder of rationalist Narendra Dabholkar spoke about raising an army of 15,000 armed men to fight anti-Hindu forces.
New Delhi: CBI today claimed one of the accused arrested in connection with the murder of rationalist Narendra Dabholkar spoke about raising an army of 15,000 armed men to fight anti-Hindu forces.
The agency alleged that Virendra Tawade, a member of Sanatan Sanstha, who has been arrested in connection with the murder, had sent emails to Sarang Akolkar, an absconding accused with a Red Corner Notice (RCN) issued by the Interpol against him in the Goa blast case of 2009.
In these emails, Tawade spoke about formation of the army of 15,000 men who are armed and ready to fight anti-Hindu forces in the country, official sources said.
The sources said Tawade had even suggested that to Akolkar that money should be collected through donations and contribution and if it still fell short for procurement of weapons, then the men should resort to dacoity.
Tawade, who was arrested earlier this month, is in CBI custody and there was no means of verifying the CBI claims but his lawyer had contested allegations made by the agency in special court in Pune and also claimed that his client was innocent.
The sources claimed that Tawade communicated in code language in the emails with Akolkar like using books for guns and chocolates for bullets.
Dabholkar was shot dead on August 20, 2013 by two persons while he was on a morning walk in Pune. The CBI has reportedly identified six suspects in this case, including Tawade and Akolkar.