Dabholkar murder: Suspect`s sketch released
Pune: Police on Monday released the sketch of one of the two suspects in the murder of anti-superstition activist and rationalist Narendra Dabholkar, based on an eyewitness account.
"We are investigating from all angles and not ruling out anything," Additional Commissioner of Police Sanjeev Singhal told reporters.
He said that police were still clueless in respect of the motive behind the murder of Dabholkar and the persons involved in it.
The CCTV footage recorded at the shops and establishments in the vicinity of the murder spot would be checked for a possible lead in the investigation, he added.
Police were making inquiries, but no person had been detained so far for interrogation, Singhal said adding that eight special squads have been set up for the probe.
The social activist was shot dead by two motorcycle borne unidentified assailants at around 7.15 am, when he was out for a morning walk on the Omkareshwar temple bridge in the city.
Four shots were fired at him from close range by the attackers believed to be in the age group of 25--30.
Meanwhile, Maharashtra chief minister Prithviraj Chavan visited Satara and paid his respects to the 69-year-old activist, whose body was taken to his native place for the last rites.
Hundreds of people who had gathered at the Satara residence of Dabholkar, raised slogans denouncing law and order situation in the state and hailed his contribution to the progressive and rationalist movement in Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!