Dacoits rape 2 women in Ahmednagar district
Shirdi: A gang of unidentified dacoits allegedly gangraped two women before decamping with ornaments and cash at Veergaon Phata in the tribal-dominated Akole taluka of Ahmednagar district, police said here on Saturday.
A few women from a family had gathered for a religious function at a hut last night when the gang of seven dacoits reached there, they said.
After assaulting them, the dacoits raped two of the women, police said.
Afterwards they escaped with ornaments and cash worth Rs one lakh, police added.
Police have launched a man-hunt in the area, sealing all exit roads.
A similar incident, where dacoits had gangraped women from a family at Kothewadi in the district, had rocked the state in 2001.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'