Dacoits rape 2 women in Ahmednagar district
Shirdi: A gang of unidentified dacoits allegedly gangraped two women before decamping with ornaments and cash at Veergaon Phata in the tribal-dominated Akole taluka of Ahmednagar district, police said here on Saturday.
A few women from a family had gathered for a religious function at a hut last night when the gang of seven dacoits reached there, they said.
After assaulting them, the dacoits raped two of the women, police said.
Afterwards they escaped with ornaments and cash worth Rs one lakh, police added.
Police have launched a man-hunt in the area, sealing all exit roads.
A similar incident, where dacoits had gangraped women from a family at Kothewadi in the district, had rocked the state in 2001.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!