Dacoits rape 2 women in Ahmednagar district
Shirdi: A gang of unidentified dacoits allegedly gangraped two women before decamping with ornaments and cash at Veergaon Phata in the tribal-dominated Akole taluka of Ahmednagar district, police said here on Saturday.
A few women from a family had gathered for a religious function at a hut last night when the gang of seven dacoits reached there, they said.
After assaulting them, the dacoits raped two of the women, police said.
Afterwards they escaped with ornaments and cash worth Rs one lakh, police added.
Police have launched a man-hunt in the area, sealing all exit roads.
A similar incident, where dacoits had gangraped women from a family at Kothewadi in the district, had rocked the state in 2001.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured