Dacoits rape 2 women in Ahmednagar district
Shirdi: A gang of unidentified dacoits allegedly gangraped two women before decamping with ornaments and cash at Veergaon Phata in the tribal-dominated Akole taluka of Ahmednagar district, police said here on Saturday.
A few women from a family had gathered for a religious function at a hut last night when the gang of seven dacoits reached there, they said.
After assaulting them, the dacoits raped two of the women, police said.
Afterwards they escaped with ornaments and cash worth Rs one lakh, police added.
Police have launched a man-hunt in the area, sealing all exit roads.
A similar incident, where dacoits had gangraped women from a family at Kothewadi in the district, had rocked the state in 2001.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre