Dacoits strike at police officer`s bungalow in Nashik district
Nashik: Armed dacoits struck at the house of
a Deputy Superintendent of Police at Satana in the district
on Friday and escaped with jewellery and cash worth Rs 10 lakh.
Three of them were later arrested, while others are
absconding, police said, adding the dacoits came in a car,
armed with iron rods and swords.
They looted gold ornaments and cash from the bungalow of
senior DySP Chintaman Shirode at Satana, a taluka place.
Shirode is presently posted in Akola district. Three
members of his family were injured when they tried to resist
the dacoits, they said.
But some family members and the locals gave a long chase,
and succeeded in catching one of them, namely Jalalsingh
Ramsingh Mada, who hails from Chalisgaon.
Later, Malegaon police arrested two others -- Rajisingh
Tak and Sampu Singh who hail from Dhule, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!