Dacoits strike at police officer`s bungalow in Nashik district
Nashik: Armed dacoits struck at the house of
a Deputy Superintendent of Police at Satana in the district
on Friday and escaped with jewellery and cash worth Rs 10 lakh.
Three of them were later arrested, while others are
absconding, police said, adding the dacoits came in a car,
armed with iron rods and swords.
They looted gold ornaments and cash from the bungalow of
senior DySP Chintaman Shirode at Satana, a taluka place.
Shirode is presently posted in Akola district. Three
members of his family were injured when they tried to resist
the dacoits, they said.
But some family members and the locals gave a long chase,
and succeeded in catching one of them, namely Jalalsingh
Ramsingh Mada, who hails from Chalisgaon.
Later, Malegaon police arrested two others -- Rajisingh
Tak and Sampu Singh who hail from Dhule, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works
- Do you know traffic jams can make your body susceptible to cancer? - Read