Dalit woman atrocity case: Police officer suspended
Mumbai: Maharashtra Government on Friday
announced suspension of the concerned officer of Patan tehsil
police station at Mulgaon in Satara district for his inaction
in connection with parading of a Dalit woman naked in January
"The concerned officer, who showed laxity in registering
a case against the accused, is suspended," Minister of State
for Home, Satej Patil, said in the Legislative Council.
The government was serious about the issue and was not
shielding anybody, he added.
The woman was allegedly paraded naked by members of an
upper caste family after her son eloped with a girl from the
Shiv Sena MLC Diwakar Raote said, "Why the opposition had
to demand his suspension, when the incident had occurred three months ago?"
The government should have registered a case against the
officer on its own rather than waiting for the discussion to
take place in the house, Raote said.
"Suspending the officer will not serve any purpose...he
should be dismissed from his service," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?