Dawood henchman attacks Abu Salem in jail
Mumbai: Extradited gangster Abu Salem was on Saturday injured in an attack allegedly by his fellow inmate, a member of the Dawood Ibrahim gang, inside the high security
Arthur Road Jail here, police said.
"Salem was attacked by Mustafa Dossa with sharp object. He was injured and doctors are treating him inside the jail. A police team is at the spot," Vasant Tajane, Senior Inspector
at NM Joshi Marg police station, told a news agency.
42-year-old Salem, a key accused in the 1993 serial bomb blasts, has been lodged in the South Mumbai jail since his extradition from Portugal in 2005.
He is currently housed in barrack number 10 of the jail along with scores of other prisoners.
Salem is facing trial in nine cases, including two murders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter