Dawood played key role in Mumbai violence?
Mumbai: Reports said on Friday that underworld don Dawood Ibrahim`s gang is suspected to have played a key role in the August 11 violence at Azad Maidan in Mumbai.
Information in this has regard has been provided to the Maharashtra government`s Home department by the Intelligence Bureau, a leading daily reported today.
Sources said the IB had intercepted international telephonic conversations based on which it arrived at the conclusion regarding Dawood’s involvement in the Mumbai violence.
Among the inputs provided to Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil by the IB include how the violence was planned and executed.
It may be recalled that state Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan had hinted just a day after the violence that the plot could have been hatched abroad. Telephonic intercepts only lend credence to this suspicion, sources said.
IB is believed to have identified the telephone numbers and voices as those of known underworld members.
The international telephone calls originated from two Pakistani cities. They were made to some mobile phones in Mumbai. The conversations took place over two days on August 10 and 11.
IB officials suspect underworld gang members were briefed on how to infiltrate the protest, how to trigger the violence and who all were to be targeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena