David Coleman Headley's deposition in Mumbai court adjourned till tomorrow due to video glitch
Mumbai terror attack convict David Headley's deposition, which entered the third day on Wednesday before the Special Mumbai court, was adjourned till tomorrow due to technical glitch in video-conferencing.
Mumbai: Mumbai terror attack convict David Headley's deposition, which entered the third day on Wednesday before the Special Mumbai court, was initially delayed due to technical glitch in video-conferencing and later adjourned till Thursday.
Special public prosecutor Ujjawal Nikam, who is presently examining Headley, told reporters that the deposition has been cancelled due to a technical snag from their side.
Due to a technical snag, even after repeatedly trying, a connection could not be established via video conferencing, the special public prosecutor claimed.
''Tomorrow the hearing will take place from 7 am - 1:30 pm, Indian time,'' Nikam told reporters.
Time difference (India-US) is also a technical difficulty. We hope the snag is dealt with so we can question Headley again tomorrow, Nikam added.
Headley is being examined as an approver in the 26/11.
In his revelation during the deposition so far, Headley had said that Pakistan's notorious spy agency ISI provides financial, moral as well as military support to terror outfits like the LeT, Jaish-e-Mohammad and Hizbul Mujahideen.
Headley also disclosed that he was asked by the ISI to recruit Indian Army men to spy for them.
On the first day of the deposition, he had revealed the sequence of events and planning behind the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.
Headley, one of the main conspirators in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, deposed as a witness in the case and admitted that he had come to the city with a false identity at the behest of his colleague and handler Sajid Mir, a Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) operative.
Headley further admitted that he was a true follower of the LeT and had changed his name from Dawood Gilani to David Coleman Headley for the purpose of acquiring a new passport to come to India. He said he had visited Mumbai seven times prior to the attacks on November 26, 2008. He even visited Delhi in March 2009 after the attacks.
With ANI inputs